Park Landscapes - Spotlight Photos

Hey, everyone! I would say "happy Monday", but really...is there such a thing? I loved everyone's shots this week and being given the chance to pick out the Spotlight Photos this time around - I'm sorry if I didn't comment on everyone's work this week, but I spent most of the Halloween weekend in a Sudafed-and-fever-laden stupor. I'd read someone's blog, look at the pictures, comment (I think) and then move on to the next blog...and then spend the next 10 minutes wondering if I actually HAD commented. It was a very confusing Sunday :)
_
Anyway, here are my picks for the Park Landscapes Spotlight Photos (in no particular order):
_
This one is from Kimberly's visit to the Olympic National Forrest in Washington state. I love the almost eerie beauty that all of her pictures had...

The next one comes from Emma's trip to the Grand Canyon - such an adorable shot of her son and husband :)

I'm pretty sure that Jessica had more fun with this topic than anyone else - take a look at her bright, fun park pictures with her and her friends if you haven't already gotten a chance!




This lovely beach shot comes from Sarah Lulu at the Coff's Harbour resort...being stuck in Kansas and, therefore, about as far from the ocean as I could be, I think that I have a natural attraction to all things beachy :)



Jen showed such beautiful contrast between "old" and "new" playgrounds - the bright jungle gyms and slides were so fun, but I just loved this picture of the cutout children:


Finally, Sarah showed us Tubbs Hill in Couer d'Alene. I loved the winding start to the hiking trail that she used to introduce all the different things that her park had to offer:

Well done, everyone! I'm off now to dip myself in hand sanitizer in the hopes of killing off whatever cold/flu/whatever I've picked up this time. Have a great week!

-Kate-

PS - My topic is up to bat this week and I picked Skylines. One of my favorite things to see when I go to a new city is the look of their skyline - and for me, skylines can be the look of a small-town Main Street or the giant buildings of a huge city's downtown or a field full of corn. What is the "skyline" that you think of when someone mentions your town?

Comments

  1. great choices. everyone had such wonderful shots for this shoot out. fantastic job everyone!!

    get feeling better Kate!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choices this week. Congratulations to those who's pictures were selected.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I ask that my name please be removed from the sidebar for a while. I am over whelmed by the construction and remodeling that we are having done and I will be staying around the house with construction workers for the next couple of months. I'll play when I can but I don't want gang members wasting their time trying to find a post on my blog on Fridays when I can't particiate. I'll be a lurker when I can.
    Thank you and keep on shooting the best shots.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why thank you for the honor! I can't wait to do skylines...it's one of my favorite topics to shoot...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw thanks Kate for choosing one of mine!! All wonderful choices..it was a fun subject!! Namaste, Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Let us know what you think, in the comments below: