Every town has a hero. From the past, in the here and now, or someone we know will make us proud in the future.
If out of ideas it always helps me to look up the definition of related words – so here is a list of definitions gotten from an online search -
Definitions of Hero on the Web:
- a man (or woman) distinguished by exceptional courage and nobility and strength;
- the principal character in a play or movie or novel or poem
- champion: someone who fights for a cause
- (classical mythology) a being of great strength and courage celebrated for bold exploits; often the offspring of a mortal and a god
- bomber: a large sandwich made of a long crusty roll split lengthwise and filled with meats and cheese (and tomato and onion and lettuce and condiments); different names are used in different sections of the United States
- heroic - epic: very imposing or impressive; surpassing the ordinary (especially in size or scale); "an epic voyage"; "of heroic proportions"; "heroic ...
- heroic - relating to or characteristic of heroes of antiquity; "heroic legends"; "the heroic age"
- heroic - having or displaying qualities appropriate for heroes;
- heroic - expansive: of behavior that is impressive and ambitious in scale or scope; "an expansive lifestyle"; "in the grand manner"; "collecting on a grand scale"; "heroic undertakings"
- heroic verse: a verse form suited to the treatment of heroic or elevated themes; dactylic hexameter or iambic pentameter
- heroic - desperate: showing extreme courage; especially of actions courageously undertaken in desperation as a last resort;