Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Spotlight Photos - Scavenger Hunt

I love this job.   Except for my self-imposed limit of 6 pictures per spotlight which makes it impossible to spotlight everyone, I get to see everyone's work every weekend.  Oh, I used to see most of it anyway, but accountability is a wonderful thing.

BAGMAN:  Shut up and post Suzi's statue!

Suzy's statue has all the elements

BAGMAN:  Yeah, yeah -- wood, metal, stone -- but just look at Kupe's wife!  She's got the most wonderful mmffsffff  (Butler's hand comes down hard on Bagman's mouth).

BUTLER (angrily):  I felt good that some of the readers wanted us back in the blog,  So don't you go and spoil it for us!

As usual, I try and ignore the dynamic duo and continue posting this week's spotlights.

Rebecca's all-elements-in-one bridge

Rebecca's shot could also qualify for "shadows" or "reflections" themes.  Butler likes the lines a lot.

Jama's Tracks

I was amazed at how many photographers captured all of the elements of Queenmother Mamow's challenge in one picture. 


E.G.Wow's snowcovered woodpile

There were a couple of snow-covered woodpiles.  I almost expected to see Butler taking Bagman out behind the woodpile.

BUTLER:  "I need to correct you, Mark.  The old phrase about discipline is "out behind the woodshed."

Kim's Rock Quarry

Kim had some nice snow-covered logs too but I picked the quarry one for variety.

And then there was one of my all-time favorites.

Ginger's Biggest Stone


Bagman (mouth dropping open): "Wow."
Butler (mouth dropping open - but only a little in a polite sort of way): "Wow."

Yep.  That is one big stone...or rock.  And a testiment to being at the right place at the right time. 

Anyhow, next week's theme is "Hearts."   Happy Valentine's Day to all of you!



3 comments:

  1. WOW! well Bagman and Butler just made my day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was telling my ESL students about a heart of stone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for featuring my rock/stone quarry here. And yes that huge stone mountain is something else. The city looks like a toy watching from a distance ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Let us know what you think, in the comments below: