Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Shooting at Night

We have an upcoming theme on photographing our towns at night. 
I was going to write a tutorial for you...
but then I found this 7 minute video.



Summary: 
1. Move your settings off automatic to manual 
2. Turn off your fon camera flash
2. Choose a large aperture opening to capture more light.
(Sometimes I break this rule in order to create star bursts 
from the lights.  You need to offset this with a longer shutter speed.) 
3. Use your self timer or a cable to trigger the shutter. 
4. Steady your camera. (Tripod) 
5. Use longer exposures to allow more light in. 

Here is a link for more tips from this video.


1 comment:

  1. Oh this is exciting. Two weeks ago I took a night photography class down on the square with all the Christmas lights....I learned so much and captured some great shots...it is time to out there again and practice!!

    ReplyDelete

Let us know what you think, in the comments below: