Shooting at Night
We have an upcoming theme on photographing our towns at night.
I was going to write a tutorial for you...
but then I found this 7 minute video.
1. Move your settings off automatic to manual
2. Turn off your fon camera flash
2. Choose a large aperture opening to capture more light.
(Sometimes I break this rule in order to create star bursts
from the lights. You need to offset this with a longer shutter speed.)
3. Use your self timer or a cable to trigger the shutter.
4. Steady your camera. (Tripod)
5. Use longer exposures to allow more light in.
Here is a link for more tips from this video.