FMTSO Spotlight: My Town at Night

Night photography has always been one of those 'out of my comfort zone' adventures. In September of last year, after several failed attempts at trying to capture Cinderella's castle in Disney World at night, I vowed to make shooting at night just as comfortable as shooting in daylight.

With the help of Rebecca's night photography tutorial, I am getting closer to that goal of being comfortable shooting at night. I was encouraged to continue to move out of my comfort zone when I viewed all the night photos submitted by our wonderful participants.

Kim @ my tabletop shared a photo that came as a surprise once she viewed it on her computer...don't you love when that happens! Here is Kim's surprise photo shot of a beautiful foggy evening and some 'panning' that caught her by surprise. I still haven't learned how to do that. Nice job Kim!


I have to agree with Jama from Sweet Memories, I get a bit lazy if a photo shoot requires a tripod. What is up with that? Even though technology has made the setting up of a tripod super easy and simple, it still seems like too much work for a great shot. But look what can happen if you take a little extra time and energy:


Isn't that just gorgeous?! I need to take my tripod out of the trunk of my car more often. Thanks for the inspiration Jama.

I was truly inspired by Peggy of Daylily and her wonderful spark of creativity. I don't go out at night much either, we live in the country and there are coyotes wandering the neighborhood at night. However, I do have several of these solar lights in my backyard. Don't they make a spectacular shot when settled into a flower pot?


Thanks everyone for sharing your night shots with us here at Friday My Town Shoot Out. I love how we challenge ourselves and then are able to encourage others to give it a 'shot' with our achievements.  A wonderful ripple effect of the friendship and community of sharing that we experience here at FMTSO.

Be sure to check back later this week for a preview and a link to this week's theme...Frozen in Time...be creative...be sure to link up so we can have a peek at your own personal interpretation of this theme.

Until next time...keep clicking.

Danielle from Unconventional Photography

Comments

  1. Great photos, every single one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Danielle for highlighting my photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm, this is one theme I have always wanted to learn, but will require me to move on it a bit too fast, but in the future...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Danielle! Will try to do it again and thinking when it is foggy but geez it is too cold outside ^_^. But will do it again though it is nice to be surprise sometimes. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wongpoker
    PKV Games adalah aplikasi dan server game kartu online populer yang banyak dimainkan di Indonesia. Semua permainan PKV Games dapat dijalankan dengan hanya bermodalkan browser atau aplikasi khusus yang telah tersedia.
    http://wongpoker.club

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Let us know what you think, in the comments below: